Saturday, November 08, 2014

Amnesia

No body tells you these things ya know. On what to expect when becoming a parent. The list is a mile long and that's just for me! Can you imagine the list for each parent out there? Every kid is different so then the way you parent is different.
It's funny what we take for granted. I've been through this baby thing before but we get this disease as moms where you forget everything right after it happens. Such as delivering a baby, waking up a million times in the night, or hauling around a car seat, which by the way I have bruises on my leg from. For real, numerous bruises! Who makes these things? They should be shot. At least pad the sides or something genius. I'll invent it. I already patent the idea so don't steal it.
Before Parks was born, I got a full nights sleep, I got to shower everyday, I was even bored a lot. I know, who's bored with 4 kids?? Me. Well I ain't bored no more! You know how I always got comments on "how do you do it?!" Or "you must be so busy!" Well I was busy but honestly my kids are so independent and really well behaved, and I taught them to be like that, that I had the time I needed to shower, cook, clean (which is so overrated by the way, like who does that anymore?) but I was sane. These days, not so much! As I type this my 3 year old is yelling at me "mom I got a really big poop out, it's so big! Come wipe my bum." Awesome. So while I'm nursing I wipe the bum. It's all about multi tasking. 

Anyways, this brings me to my baby. He is colic. We thought at first he had reflux and he's still on the meds but nope nothing changed. I got him another appointment because my sanity was going out the window and yep he's colic. I haven't had a colic baby before so this is all new to me. I guess 1 out of 5 is pretty good. It's a good way to seal the deal too! If anyone wants to invent a medication for colic, you'd be a millionaire.
But for reals, I'm going insane. Some days are better, some are bad, and some are holy hell I'm gonna jump out of the moving car into oncoming traffic bad. 
Ok that's a little exaggerated, I take back the oncoming traffic. 
Some things are timed so perfect. Dustin just got switched this week to a new shift. It's 6 on, 6 off. He will get 6 days off in a row! All my sanity can come back! He's on his last night shift then 6 days off. I told him I'm taking a good break while he's off, see ya in a year or so, I think I pumped two bags of milk for him, you'll be good. By the way, no one tells you, pumping sucks. I've always hated it. I literally have two tiny bags pumped and those become gold ya know. I'm very proud of those bags. 

I always said, I'm not having kids just for right now I'm having them for the future. 
I can't wait to have this big family to watch grow up and everything that comes with it. My love is spread to so many people and I couldn't be happier. (Well aside from all the colic shiz) All the sleepless nights and raw nipples are worth it. These little people friggin rock. 

That's all for now. I needed something to pass the time for these night shifts and that's what's on my mind. 
Looks like I'm back to blogging! 



4 comments:

Rosanne said...

I feel your pain. My kids were colic too when they were babies. I took them to a chiropractor and it was like magic. They still got up to eat but the non stop crying was less.

Karlene said...

A blog lady I follow has twin boys that had colic for 8 months and I'm pretty sure she just did a blog post on colic and colic help. I haven't read it yet. www.sullengers.c om
��

kelsey said...

oh mindy, this sucks. I am so sorry for you. Seriously. Charlie wasn't colic, but was so much more fussy than my other babies, I can somewhat empathize, but I KNOW that colic is much worse than just a fussy baby. Screaming for hours on end must be exhausting. Thanks for writing about it though, because then you can look back and remember, right? ha. I don't have any words of wisdom. It just sucks. Hang in there!!! You're right, these little people rock.

Janas Bananas said...

Your picture on "how today is going" make me pee my pants! Serious I just chocked on my water I am laughing so hard!

);